As I begin to s-l-o-w-l-y start taking appointments again, I wanted to share with you some of the changes at my studio since Covid.
Most days, I will only be seeing 1 client. Occasionally I will schedule 2 clients a day, with an hour in between for cleaning.
I am mostly working during evening and weekends when the building is at lowest capacity.
Here's a few of the changes you can expect:
- The AC vents are closed, as my studio is on the same HVAC system as the entire building.
- The windows will be open with fans blowing in and out.
- There are HEPA filters in both the front room and the massage room.
- There are touch-less hand sanitizer stations in both the front room and the massage room.
- Your temperature will be taken when you arrive.
- Please no hugs or handshakes.
- In the massage room, there is a UV light sanitizing box that you can put your keys, glasses, phone, etc in for sanitizing while you get your massage if you would like.
- There is a yoga mat on the floor to walk from dressing area to table to minimize cleaning.
- The fabric chair in the massage room has been replaced with a wood bench for cleaning purposes.
- While face down on the massage table, you can remove your mask and set it on the arm shelf under the face cradle. The cover of the face cradle is an enclosed tunnel rather than open and this is the only reason I'm allowing no mask while face down.
- While face up and all other times during your appointment, a mask must be worn.
- I will be wearing a mask during your entire appointment. A new/different mask will be worn for every client.
- If paying by check, please have your check already filled out. Pens are not set out but will be available if requested/needed.
- If paying by card, I will invoice you by email and you can pay online after your appointment.
- I will still be accepting cash.
- Self-serve water is no longer available. I may have individual water bottles available, but you might also want to bring your own water in case I do not have bottles.
- There will be 2 mints left for you in the massage room, but there is no longer a bowl of mints there or in the front room.
- Eyedrops or more mints are available upon request.
- All trash cans are touch-less.
- The bathroom now has touch-less soap dispenser and towel dispenser.
- Please close the lid of the toilet before you flush.
- The rocks and other decor from the bathroom have been removed for quicker cleaning, as well as the product shelves and most decor in the studio.
- After each session, used linens are stored in an air tight container away from the massage area and clean linens.
- Every surface will be sprayed with REJUVENATE DISINFECTANTS:
Hospital-grade disinfectants, powered by Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxide® technology.
- The massage table, pillows and bolsters have new antimicrobial, antibacterial, medical grade fabric designed to withstand the harsh disinfectants the CDC recommends to kill the virus.
- Once cleaned after a session, the massage room is then closed while a UV sanitizing lamp runs a 30 minute sterilization application.
- The used linens in the air tight container are immediately washed on the sanitation cycle at the end of the day.
There was a lot to consider and change to get the studio ready post covid. I appreciate your patience and understanding. I take the responsibility of your health very seriously.